Wednesday 4 December 2013

Getting festive!

Hello ladies, Tracie here!

With Christmas getting closer by the day I've come over all festive!
These lovely wood veneer journal cards from studio calico really caught my eye, although I had something other than journalling in mind for them!

I started off by painting them white with acrylic paint


I then glued them together along the edges, and added a bit more glue and lots of lovely microbeads -

by popping it over a candle (to be on the safe side I used one of the battery operated ones that are widely available now)  I had myself a cheap and easy Christmas decoration.


As is usually the case, when my daughter saw it she wanted one too, so I set about making a gift box to put it in!
This is where the pizza boxes that my yummy stash arrives in comes in handy!!

This was a very basic box, as I was going to be covering it with paper anyway I didn't worry too much about the sides being perfect and literally just stuck it together with some tape


the photo isn't brilliant but this was my basic shape

the lid was made in the same way
 *note, I made the lid larger than it needed to be because I wanted to add some lace under it, if you aren't using lace trim you'd need to adjust the size accordingly*



I chose the lovely Amy Tan papers to cover the box, along with some trim, MME enamel dots and decorative buttons




 and topped it off with one of these adorable cotton reels from Maya road threaded onto some wire.


and of course every gift box needs a tag!




So that's all from me for now, but I would love to see all your Crafty Christmas makes, so please feel free to leave a link to your work in the comments box so we can all have a look!


No comments: