Friday 8 November 2013

Horses and hearts...


This month, I chose three different ranges to use: Glitz 'Wild and Free', Glitz 'Finnley' and Elle's Studio 'Penelope'.  I was particularly attracted to the bright colours and graphic patterns.

I tend to print my photos at home but the colours have been running low in our printer.  To get round this and  to ensure that the colours in the photos didn't clash with the bright papers, I decided to change my photos to a sepia colour using Picasa software.  I really like the warm feeling that this gives the photographs.

As soon as I saw the horse paper, I knew that I had to use it to record our holiday in Exmoor where Exmoor ponies roamed all around us.  I combined some woodgrain paper to tell the story of when one of the horses licked George's knee - much to his disgust - a story which he still tells us all of the time!  I added a few stitches, using an Amy Tangerine stitching template, around the page in a coordinating colour.




The girly colours of the Penelope range were ideal for scrapping this photo of Evie at the end of our annual birthday shopping trip.  The background paper is pre-printed with a grid and the bunting in the top right.  I further embellished this area with some stickers and staples and scattered a few enamel dots and veneer shapes across the page.






No comments: