Friday 4 October 2013

How you doodling?

Hello lovely ladies, it's Tracie here with you again, and this month I have reverted back to my old favourite technique of doodling!!

I love the fact that the odd doodle on your layout can make it unique to you! and let's face it there's nothing quite as relaxing as sitting scribbling on bits of paper, just ask anyone who's become hooked on Zentangling! (yes, I admit I am a dedicated follower of that particular trend!!)

For my first layout I started off just doodling a frame around the edges of the layout and adding the odd swirl and my favourite dotty lines!!


I really love the effect of white pen on  kraft kard!




I used the lovely Bella boulevard range, the papers are lush and the choice of alphas and embellies leave you spoilt for choice!

I used the same range for my next layout too.
All you Dirty Dancing fans will understand the title I chose to go with this photo of my lovely daughter-in-law!




This time I doodled flowers in black pen onto white cardstock and then layered cut out flowers from the
Rise and Shine patterned paper over the doodling using 3d foam pads





and for my final layout I took my inspiration from the doodling on the daily details paper



 using a white pen I copied some of the doodling onto black cardstock to contrast with the black on white, and used it for my layout of one of the kittens I am currently looking after



So with just one gorgeous range of papers and a little bit of doodling, I was able to create three very different looks. 
I had great fun and urge you all to get your doodle on!!



4 comments:

Lesley G said...

Fabulous as always Mrs Doodle :)

Kerry said...

Great doodling Tracie especially the flowers on the watermelon page! I love the look of doodling I just can't draw for toffee, so the paper is probably the best way for me to go!xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I do enjoy doodling on my layouts, but never do it enough! this had inspired me to do it some more!

Ifa said...

Very cute! I am inspired, thank you.