Saturday 29 June 2013

The gift of giving.

Hi Tracy here. So much for flaming June eh? Apparently things are meant to be a little more summer like this weekend, so fingers crossed.
Anyway on to my post for this month. I love giving gifts, ( I like receiving them too), but when there's a gasp of excitement from the receptacle the gift is in or how it is presented and it's something I've made, that makes it even better. Sometimes the gift inside is just a token gift, but I think making a little box especially for it, adds a little something.
This month I've made a selection of  gift boxes and tags  ready to go when the need arises.

Click on any of the photos for a larger view.


Back in 2008 I made a mug from patterned paper using a cut file I made in Cricut Design Studio, however my Cricut Expression died a while back, and the new Expression2 I bought to replace it wasn't Design Studio compatible. But I've found it is just as easy to make a cute mug without a Cricut. I forgot to take photos whilst I was making this, but I think it's pretty straight forward. Just cut a piece of cardstock/patterned paper cut to 9" x 5 1/2". With the long edge at the top, score every 1". Turn so the short edge is top and score at 1 1/2". Cut up to the 1 1/2" score line on each section . Stick the ends together, fold and stick the flaps to form the bottom. For the handle, just cut/punch a 3" circle with a 2" cut from the center, cut it in half, fold approx 1/2" of the ends out, stick both pieces together and stick the folded ends to the side of the mug, then decorate.


Next I made this little bird house, a slightly smaller version of the milk carton I made here.


                           


I made one of these boxes years ago, and had the instructions somewhere, but couldn't find them, so I made it from memory, and I'm unable to acknowledge who I got them from originally, sorry.

Open view,

My instructions,


 My final box/bag was so easy to make, I hope my brief instructions make sense.


 For the base,



For the sides,

  

And lastly, I cut three tag shapes measuring 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" and simply decorated them.


Here's a list of supplies I used,

Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss - Simple Basics Kit

Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss - 12x12 Fundamental Stickers

Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss - 12x12 Expressions Stickers

Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss - Laugh Lots

Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss - Live Simply

 

Tracy G. x





5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Some great ideas here.

Kerry said...

Awesome ideas and thanks for all the templates too. xx

Unknown said...

Fantastic :)))))

Lesley G said...

They are just so sweet - great little ideas - thanks for sharing x

Candace said...

very cleaver