Thursday 25 October 2012

The Good Life

Hi all Jen G here. This month I used Fancy Pants Designs “The Good Life.” I chose to work with the 6x6 paper pad, the Sticker Fundamentals, the 12 inch sticker strips and the chipboard/hand dyed buttons.


For my first page I caught the sunburst bug! In recent months Jen, Helen and Tracy have all inspired us with sunburst designs, but I hadn’t given it a go yet. I had also seen on Pinterest some layouts featuring sunbursts. So I put all of this inspiration to use here. I drew a sunburst onto a sheet from the 6x6 pad and cut it out. After discarding the sections I did not want to use, I folded the remaining sections in half lengthways. I secured these down to a second sheet of 6x6 in the corner only. Then I applied Tombo glue to the inside of each fold and added WOW glitter in red. When this was dry and attached to the base cardstock I placed the photo over it with foam pads. This all created a 3D effect, making it pop off the page and draw the eye to that super cute face in the photo! I added some more glitter splatters, buttons and word stickers from the collection in the corner as if they had escaped from that sunburst. I usually always journal on my layouts as it’s so important to record the who, what, where and why, but this time the photo actually says it all already.



For my next page I had no plan what so ever! Helen was here and we were having a scrapping day. I picked up one of the star buttons and decided to replicate its shape in patterned paper. I just used a ruler and pencil and copied the shape of the button.  Once I had done that the page just kind of happened by itself. We gossiped and ate cake and I pushed bits around on the page. Sometimes that leads to frustration – am I right? But sometimes it works. I added some more of my favourite red WOW glitter, some of my beloved DIY Thickers and finally the journaling.
For my next page I decided to step away from the red. I do love red in my layouts. “The Good Life” range does feature red, but it also has a selection of papers without any red. I chose to focus on the soft yellows and blues and added some of the grey buttons from the range. I also used one of the 12 inch sticker strips along the top and bottom of the page with some Amy Tangerine washi tape.

For the title I used a second 12 inch sticker. I cut it into smaller sections and arrannged them to make the word “ALL”. I then faux stitched around the edges to make them look a little more like alpha stickers. I added the rest of the title using the tiny letter stickers on the Fundamentals sheet.

After I had completed these three pages I thought my blog work was finished for this month, but our lovely Sarah and Lianne had other ideas! We got together recently for some scrapping time and they challenged me to do one more page “on the go”. They gave me one of the new Amy Tangerine “Ready Set Go” Daybook Travel Kit.
The manufacturers picture is kind of hard to make out just what is in this kit so I have opened it up just for you, our lovely readers. 

There is an adhesive roller; a glue stick; a stapler; a slick writer a pair of scissors; a self inking date stamp; some journalling stickers; a needle and some thread; a couple of decorative pins and a cute little bag to put them all in! This is a picture of the bag with everything inside in as well as a 6x6 paper pad.

The the page I created I also used some Adorn It mini alphas and some thickers – both of which fit in the bag also, although I did cut the thicker sheets down to fit in.

So, imagining that was all I had with me I created this page:
I used the adhesive; the needle and thread; the stapler; the date stamp and the mini journalling stickers from the travel kit plus the extra thickers, alphabets and some 6x6 papers that I put in the bag myself. It was so easy to put together a page with just the contents of the kit. There is even enough room in the bag for one of the Amy Tangerine Day Books so if you were really short on space you could have absolutely everything you needed in one cute little bag!
How do you scrap on the go? What are your essential “must-have” products?

5 comments:

Nat said...

Love your 3D sunburst - and the little on On The Go kit looks fab, love the page you created with it xx

Jill said...

Love your sunburst Jen! Just love that sweet little Amy Tangerine kit as well. Jill x

Tracie said...

Really love these Jen, especially your popping sunbursts! Really given me the inspiration I needed to try this out myself! Thank you! x

Tracy said...

Great sunburst Jen. Fab layouts as always. xx

Vanessa said...

Love the 3D sunburst too :) Fab stuff xx