Thursday 4 October 2012

Playing with masks!

This month I have been playing with some of the fabulous masks now available in the shop! I have to admit that I can't get enough of masks - they are now a staple part of my scrapbooking regime.

For my first layout I used  inks applied with a sponge through the creative workshop splats mask. I then cut small squares from the gorgeous MME meadow papers and stitched a frame around each of them to offset the photos of my son.


The second of my layouts is one of my granddaughters. This time I used markers with the mask by simply laying the mask down and scribbling over it with the different colours.
On the photo she was leaning against a climbing frame so I continued this to make a frame for the photo



and finally I used yet another mask (told you I was hooked!!) with Mr Hueys colour mists. When this was dry I stitched along the lines to echo the roof in the photo.
 I was hoping that by creating this layout my other half would finally take the hint and buy me this car for Christmas (I'm ever the optimist!)


Why not have a look at the great selection of masks now available and have a play yourself ?- they really are so versatile that you'll find yourself using them again and again - but creating different looks just by using different mediums with them. Be warned though, they should come with a 'highly addictive' sticker!

I used the following products:
Mr Hueys mask
Tile texture template
Splats template
echo park everday eclectic

6 comments:

Jimjams said...

WOW Tracie - gorgeous pages!

Lesley G said...

Stunning pages, Tracie.
That first one is AMAZING! You may have just inspired me to start using the masks that I randomly buy with all good intentions x

Nat said...

Really love the second page, gorgeous! And love the idea of combining stitching with the masks, it looks fab! xx

Karen leonard said...

really like the idea of a splat mask...perfect splats everytime!!

Allycat x said...

These are just gorgeous! Love the Citroen Envy - I had the same thought though - you can't drive!

Jenga said...

Lovely ideas Tracie x