Thursday 18 October 2012

Cocktail Flowers and Artisan Elements..

Hello again my turn on the blog today and I have had some pretty pretty products to use this month.

I have used a mixture of manufacturers this month to create a layout and a pretty cocktail stick flower/windmill.

To make the flower all you will need is 8 cocktail sticks a good foam pad approx 1cm square or round will work fine, some scraps of paper (I used the cut off strip from the bottom of a sheet of patterened paper).



So here is how i made my flower;

1. Take 8 sticks and cut down to the required size depending how big you would like your flower ( my sticks are 2" - cut from one end so you are left with a point on each stick).







2. Use a foam pad and a dab of glue on the pointy end of each stick and push each stick into the foam pad to create an even circle of sticks - allow to dry.






3. Cut 4 strips of paper 2" x 1" (I used the cut off strip from the bottom of a piece of patterened paper). Attach double sided tape or glue to the back of the strips of paper and wrap around two sticks at a time sticking securely at the back.

4. Your completed flower once turned over will just need a button or bead etc attached to the center to finish it off.






Here is my completed layout.. click for a closer look.


 

 
 
 
The white embellishments are my page are from the beautiful Pink Paislee Artisan collection - over in the shop Sarah has a fantastic range of these pieces all of which can be altered with spray ink or paint - give them a whirl.. I have added a little ink to my hearts which created a chevron effect, I also added the same ink to the edges of the wings of my butterfly and then the pretty frames I decided the leave white.
 
 
 




Here is my full list of supplies

Pink Paislee Artisan Elements - Squares (lush frames)
Pink Paislee Artisan Elements - Resistable Chipboard Hearts
Pink Paislee Artisan Elements - Wings
AC Thickers Corrugated Kraft
Pink Paislee Portfolio Photoframes
Pebbles - Walnut Grove, James PP
Authentique - Fresh, Clear PP
Heidi Swapp - Vintage Chic, Beautiful Songs PP
Bella Blvd- Button Market, Tie Dye
White Cardstock, White Paint & Green Thread.











 

2 comments:

Jenga said...

Cute idea Claire.

Tracy said...

Love that flower Claire. xx