Thursday 21 June 2012

Life is a Journey

Hi all.  I think Claire and me must've been on the same wavelength this month.  I've been thinking about doing a few layouts themed around the journey of my life over recent times, which have been the most challenging for a long time and I thought the papers and embellishments from the Teresa Collins World Traveller range would work well - now in the sale!  (Just love the trims!)

I've been looking up and reading blogs/websites etc which regularly give positive messages a lot of which have really rung true with me.  My first layout is made with one of these images and quotes.

My First layout - Life is a Journey, I decided to blow the dust of my maya road mists and instead of spraying, I unscrewed the lid and randomly dropped the ink over the blank page.   The flowers are made up of papers from the 6x6 World Traveller pad and I used some gloss lustre mod podge over the top.  The finished page is lightly misted over the top with maya road irridiscent.




My Second layout - On my Way (to getting my life back).  This is a short trip I took to Munich with my sister a few months ago.  Again, I dropped ink from the mists bottle and spritzed a tiny bit.  I've used glossy accents over the top of the photo corner and the two labels "Vacation" and "Journey".  Finally, I spritzed irridiscent over the top again.




Thanks for looking and I'll pop back with a few more bits and pieces from the range soon.


3 comments:

Nat said...

Love your use of the products Vanessa, hope things are looking up :) xxx

Eileen said...

I love what you've done with this range - I succumbed to these papers in the sale, but haven't used them yet!
Love the idea of marking your journey through this stage of life, rather than a trip. Hopefully you'll keep moving forwards :)

Jenga said...

Good to see you scrapping again :) xxx