Saturday 18 February 2012

More Farmhouse....

Following my masculine page using the beautiful (lacey!) October Afternoon Farmhouse and Crate Paperheart range from my last post, I settled down to another page, quite different in style with lots and lots of colour and pattern on the one page:
It's one of those pages that records one of the tiny details of everyday life that one day, if not recorded would not be remembered. I noticed how one day our hats, tossed together on the hallway sidetable, were both very similar and very different at the same time, but uncannily summed up our personalities. We'll probably have new hats next year, so I thought this passing moment was worthy of documenting...... besides, who needs an excuse to use gorgeous stash?!




I wanted to create an interesting spot for my journalling to be written on to, and made the stitched heart that you can see above. I began by cutting a heart shape from a piece of scrap cardstock, removing the centre so that the remaining frame could be used as a mask:
I layed this on to my layout where I wanted the journalling to be. Using a white mist (see the links at the end of the post for my supply list), I isted through the it onto my page. Once this was dry, I used a sewing machine to stitch lines across the heart, following the lines in the gingham pattern to ensure they were straight (or at least that was the original plan - but my machine decided not to play ball, so I ended up punching guide holes with a pokey tool and stitching the lines by hand in backstitch.....a job that should have taken five minutes ended up much longer!!):
And the finished result looked like this:
My stitched lines overshoot the edges of the misted heart a bit to give a slight kookiness to it.

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to check out our movie-inspired challenge while you are here!

My supplies included:

7 comments:

Jill said...

Gorgeous interesting LO to look out Nat - all those little details, love it! Jill x

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous Nat - love all the detail and the stitching. :) Vanessa xx

Helen said...

Like how you've created the journaling area with the stitched lines :D

Anonymous said...

I love the look of that misted and stitched heart for the journaling :)

Ifa said...

I too love that journalling area...very creative.

Louise said...

that journalling area is tres cute, and I can see it being copied on a LO coming to my album very soon ;)
Lovely page as always.

Jenga said...

Yup... what Lou said - lol xxx