Friday 9 December 2011

Use your own...

In my previous post, I showed a selection of tags which I had made, ready to be used on my layouts.  I decided to create a layout using some of my tags in a range of ways.


The rounded-edged cards acted as a base for the title.  The orignal tags were further embellished.  For example, I added a blue label underneath the title letters so that they would stand out against the background of the tag.  I also rotated on of the tags so to add some flow around the page.

One of the spirograph patterned tags was used as a place to add my handwritten journaling.  This card was further embellished too with 'a b c' stickers to add some detail and colour and to tie in with the school theme.  I also wrapped some coordinating blue and yellow twine around this tag too.

One of my basic tags became a base for two of the 'Today' tags.  I used these tags as places to add some extra journaling thoughts.

All of the elements were tied together by using the same Studio Calico papers for the background, repeating the shape of some of them by rounding the edges of the brown base paper.  I also repeated the use of more label stickers around the page as embellishemnts and to add a touch of colour too.

Finally, some ideas for using tags at Christmas time.

1. Place Name Cards:


2. Present tags:
3. On a card:
*DISCLAIMER* I am not a cardmaker so please don't laugh at my attempt!  



I'm planning a 'Project Life' style album for 2012 and know that my tags will come in useful then too for adding snippets of journaling to and plan to make up a whole load more ready for that.




5 comments:

Louise said...

bahahahahahahaha look at that card!!!!

Seriously Helen, it's better than any card I've ever made!

I LOVE the LO with all the tags on, just so you. Great idea for the Christmas palce tags... I'll be doing that this year.
xxx

Jenga said...

Tagtastic!

Love the LO and the card is cute! x

Nat said...

Gorgeous as always Helen!!! Love that the cards are super versatile and they can be made in advance with scraps etc....all ready and waiting for the right project :) Fab xx

Nat said...

Gorgeous as always Helen!!! Love that the cards are super versatile and they can be made in advance with scraps etc....all ready and waiting for the right project :) Fab xx

Ifa said...

Beautiful page Helen. I am not great with cards either. And glad to see that I am not the only one scrapping back-to-school in Dec.