Friday 30 September 2011

Another Happy Day with Echo Park

Hey everyone, it's Ifa with you today. Are you having a great day ?

My layout today is made with the Happy Days range by Echo Park. The colours are fun and say, happy, to me...very, very happy! Perfect for some summer photos.


1. I started by stamping with Jenni Bowlin Labels stamp set onto 5 different patterned papers.


2.Next I cut around the labels before arranging them down the middle of a white cardstock. I also lightly drew around each label with a pencil to mark their positions. I wanted to add the sun behind one of the labels so I drew this in.


3.I copied the sun on to a piece of pattern paper and cut it out. Warning, this bit is a bit fiddly.


4.I colour in some AC Thickers fabric stickers with a blue marker pen. I used Faber Castell Stampers Big Brush but any marker should do the job. I tested on some less useful letters like X before I started.


5. I drew a frame around a white cardstock before running some yellow and blue watercolour along the edge. Then I added all the above to the cardstock.


6.I drew and colour in a beach hut and added some flags to the title.


7.I added the photos to either side of the title. Next I planned my journalling by writing on some post it notes. This enabled me to check for space and placement. I cut and moved the paragraphs around until I am happy.


8. I drew in some pencil lines for my journalling before writing it out.

9.I didn't like the original red flag so I drew one out on patterned paper to replace it.

10. I added some stickers from the coordinating sheet. I added some machine stitching on the index stickers to finish them off.

And here it is, the finished layout, documenting our trip to Provincetown on Cape Cod. We were here for whale watching and it was truly the best day ever.

If you are not confident sketching your own flag and beach hut, here is my own drawing. Click through to get the original size, save to your computer and print out at 5"x7".


That's all from me today. Hope you will give this a go and please do share if you do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this - and all your explanattion of how and why did all the different bits!

Louise said...

Love the fresh feel of this LO. Great use of the stamps too.

Jenga said...

Fab LO Ifa and love how detailed you have been with your post :)

Nat said...

Lovely layout Ifa, great step by step xxx

Helen said...

Love all the little 'bits' to this layout. Also, the post it note trial for your journaling is inspired - why have I never thought of that before?!

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous LO and it was fun to see how it developed and changed and why. Thanks for the explanations.

Gems said...

Beautiful layout - love the use of the stamps xx