Tuesday 19 July 2011

Another funky floral idea





Still playing at making embellishments with the Sassafras Sunshine Broadcast range, I thought I would try to convert a quilting design I found online into paper flowers, I'm fairly pleased with the result of this one and it's most likely the simplist flowers you could ever make yet still achieve such a great 3D effect.


To make these flowers..(excuse my lack of knowledge on the name for this type of flower) cut or punch out some small circles anywhere between 1" to 2" inches depending on the size you want them to turn out. Ink the edges for more definition and simply fold over both sides into the middle to create the cone shape.
Stack up the cones by tucking them into each other.



It really is so simple..

Products used on this page are;

Sassafras Sunshine Broadcast Mini Alphas-Goldenrod, Banner Flag Stickers. Papers are Goldenhour, Static & Kindle.
Fabric Thickers.
Zva Creative Pearls.
Prima Lace.
Sherbet Buttons.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Great idea Claire and so simple! Jill x

Nat said...

Ooooh so clever - gorgeous flowers again!! Lovely page Claire xxx

Louise said...

ooooo gorgeous. I love those flowers, and can see me lifting that idea soon ;)
Thanks for sharing :)
x

Rachel said...

COMPLETELY love those flowers, so clever