Friday 20 August 2010

Twitterpated

I don't know what the weather is like where you are but there isn't much sunshine down here at the moment so I thought we could do with some lovely sunny pages to look at. Jen has been busy with some Pebbles Twitterpated papers and has created these two bright, fun pages.

You are my sunshine - "A great way to use up scraps is to layer them all up behind a photo. Here I took a whole pile of my scraps and cut them into strips - I literally scattered them on the page to get a random effect, and just played around with a few to avoid 3 yellows next to each other, or all the dotty strips together. Backing the photos onto plain card and lifting it from the page with foam squares helps the pictures stand out from the busy background. Keeping the main layout background white also keeps everything looking clean rather than cluttered."
Yum, cupcakes! - "I couldn't resist pairing this photo from a recent tea party with this gorgeous Hambly transparency - they match perfectly! I do love transparencies, but I often struggle to use the heavily patterned ones - this one worked best layered over a plain, pale colour (although it also looked quite appealing with pink behind it). Because the picture and the transparency do most of the talking on this page, it didn't need many more embellishments - I simply added some tabs for information, and a couple of finishing touches to the 'white' space on the photo itself."

2 comments:

Kerry said...

lovely bright layouts Jen, I might lift the sunhine one as it calls to me. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mel said...

I totally love both these gorgeous layouts Jen. I am a total cupcake addict so will have to be getting some of that paper. I used your sunshine layout to inspire a page about my hols in Malta. Here it is:

http://melgetsscrappy.blogspot.com/2010/08/stripping-in-malta.html

Thanks for the inspiration!