Friday 12 February 2010

Are You Ready For Valentines Day?

I am sure you have all remembered that it is valentines day on Sunday, if like me you still haven't bought your other half a card yet how about making something a little bit different? Rachel has come up with this lovely idea that would make a lovely gift for any occassion.

Stash Needed

Cardstock
Patterned Paper
Journaling Cards
Ribbon
Buttons
Alphabets
Embroidery thread
Foam pads



Choose 6 journaling cards and 6 photos, I have printed my photos about 2x3. Decide which photo will go on each card and add your journaling onto the card.


Stick your photos onto the other side of your journaling cards and add a button and a length of ribbon onto a corner of each one.



Cut a piece of cardstock the size that you want your gift to be, all a piece of patterned paper, I have used a sewing machine to secure my paper and add extra detail around the edge, hand sewing would look just as effective or you could just draw on your stitching.




Cut out a pocket to hold your photos, I have used the packaging from some chipboard buttons as a template. Add some hand stitching around your pocket, turn the pocket over and fix foam pads on the area that needs to be stuck to your backing cardstock leaving an area clear to slot your photos into later.











Stick your pocket onto your background cardstock and add your title and embellishments.







Have fun and I hope your efforts are appreciated!

3 comments:

kjjc said...

that's fab

cathy said...

Great idea for a quick project Rachel, might have a go at this myself!

Laura said...

Beautiful project Rachel. Love it!