Monday 20 July 2009

mixing it up!!

Rachel has been mixing things up a bit using products from different manufacturers to create a layout,

I am a big fan of mixing brands when it comes to scrapbooking. On this layout i have used Crate, Sassafras and Fancy Pants all of which are available at the shop. I know some people find it hard to mix brands but it can be really easy. I started off with the Sassafras Bungle Jungle - Tree Top which was a cut off i had from a previous layout and kind of built it around that. As i tend not to use bazzill i picked a piece of Crate Paper Lillian - Home although it didnt have the orange of the sassafras that was a good thing as it may of clashed a little too much. I took certain elements from the crate collection but not all from the Lillian i used Crate Paper Little Sprout - Frolic, Crate Paper Lillian - Blissful, and Crate Paper Lillian - Harmony . At this point I thought I was using a little too much crate so dug deep in my stash and found Fancy Pants Kraft Kuts - Princess Sky and found it picked up the colours I has already used. I added a last piece of Fancy Pants Delight, tied it all together with a bit of red hand stitching. Hope you have fun mixing it up.

1 comment:

Mole said...

I find it hard NOT to mix brands LOL!