Tuesday 13 January 2009

Introducing...Natalie Grant

I’m Natalie; I’m 26 years old and live with my fiancé in Swansea. We are big animal lovers and have four cats and an Alsatian called Rocky, and love nothing more than wrapping up warm and braving the south Wales weather to walk him along the beautiful Gower coastline. Having spent four years working in the mental health field, I left employment last year to embark on a three year degree to retrain as a primary school teacher and love the challenges and opportunities this has given me so far. When not busy with my course, I can be found in my study getting creative! I started scrapbooking three years ago after making cards for a couple of years, and haven’t looked back since. I would describe my style as layered, and love mixing and marrying up pattern and colour on my pages. I manage to find inspiration in the most peculiar of places; however my two year old niece provides the majority, as well as endless opportunities for me to practice my photography skills (or lack of them!). I’m looking forward to working with all the girls at Sarah’s Cards – what a fabulous mix of inspirational peeps in one place!

Welcome Nat! We sent Nat a box of gorgeous Crate Prudence goodies, here's one layout she created with the kit, keep your eyes peeled to see what else Nat created with the Crate Prudence range.

Natalie says: Taking the “Hope” shaped paper as a base; I layered up strips of “Consideration”, “Discretion” and “Fortitude” on top to loosely create a squareish mat for my photos and journaling. I added my photos in a block formation, and popped my journaling on to one of the journaling cards form the “Glitter Die cuts” pack and added it into the space without a photo. My title was created using Thickers decorated with some rhinestones and tiny alpha stickers. To complete my page I added some woodland themed chipboard stickers, adding an owl rub-on to one of them to customise it to suit my layout.



No comments: